Great Britain Slope Racing Association - GBSRA
The Great Britain Slope Racing Association are a BMFA registered association supporting all slope soaring. We formed the Association in 2013 to provide a solid foundation to slope racing.
The founding committee members of the Association, Martin Newnham, Jon Edison, Peter Gunning and John Phillips, aim to bring together pilots from across the country who share a similar interest in Radio Controlled Slope Racing.
The key objectives of the constitution are:
- To promote and encourage the building and safe flying of radio controlled Slope Racing gliders.
- To organise and run competitions for radio controlled gliders in all active slope racing classes, in accordance with current BMFA contest rules.
- Encourage and provide help and support for junior participation.
- Explore and promote new avenues to encourage the growth of all Slope Racing classes.
- In liaison with the appropriate BMFA Technical Committee, to hold Team Selection competitions in line with the BMFA selection process for the FAI F3F class, to select a British Team to participate in FAI World & European Championships. To recommend the name of a Team Manager to the appropriate Technical Committee of the BMFA.
- When necessary, to recommend to the BMFA to recommend the name of a Team Manager to the appropriate Technical Committee of the BMFA.
- In liaison with the appropriate BMFA Technical Committee, to organise and run the BMFA
F3F National Championships each year at an organized slope.
- When necessary, to recommend to the BMFA changes to the Contest Rules governing all Slope Racing classes.
- When appropriate, to organise social activities.
Over many years F3F Slope Racing has gone from strength to strength with all contests being well supported - BMFA League events regularly getting 25+ pilots participating, and Euro Tours and World Cup Contests 40+ pilots.
Racing takes place across the whole of the UK and information on dates and locations can be found within the website.
Membership to join the association is now available HERE.