About the GBSRA
The Great Britain Slope Racing Association was formed in 2013 by Martin Newnham, Jon Edison, Peter Gunning and John Phillips. Their aim was to bring together pilots from across the country who share a similar interest in radio controlled slope racing.
The key objectives of the GBSRA are:
- To promote and encourage the building and safe flying of radio controlled Slope Racing gliders.
- To organise and run competitions for radio controlled gliders in all active slope racing classes, in accordance with current BMFA contest rules.
- To encourage and provide help and support for junior participation.
- In liaison with the appropriate BMFA Technical Committee, to hold team selection competitions in line with the BMFA selection process for the FAI F3F class, in order to select a British team to participate in FAI World & European Championships.
- When necessary, to recommend the name of a Team Manager to the appropriate Technical Committee of the BMFA.
- In liaison with the appropriate BMFA Technical Committee, to organise and run the BMFA F3F National Championships each year at an organized slope.
- When necessary, to recommend to the BMFA changes to the Contest Rules governing the slope racing classes.
- When appropriate, to organise social activities.
The GBSRA is a BMFA registered association.
For more information, please see the Constitution.